Get Your Real Estate License in Your State
What type of education are you looking for?
Get Your Real Estate License in your state
In order to become a licensed Real Estate in your state. you’ll need to complete the following steps:
Take the pre-license course
Take the state-approved sales associate 63-hour pre-license course and pass the exam.
This course focuses on real estate laws, principles and practice, and real estate math. You can take the course online or in a classroom at a real estate school or at Realtor associations and boards statewide. Course packages vary from $100 to $500.
You must pass the exam with a score of at least 70 percent.
NOTE: If you’re approved to practice law in your state, you don’t need to take the pre-license course. You may take the sales associate exam by affixing a copy of your current State Bar card to the exam application.
Apply to take your state's real estate exam
- Get your electronic fingerprints. The Department of Business and Professional Regulations (DBPR) needs them in order to run a background check. You’ll need to have your fingerprints taken at least 5 days before you send your license application. See where and how to get electronic fingerprints (PDF). Each fingerprint vendor sets the price for their services, but the typical cost is $50 to $80. You will need to provide your Social Security number and the following ORI number: FL920010Z.
- Submit an application to the DBPR. The fee is $83.75, which you can pay online or by mail with a check or money order.
The DBPR reviews all applications. The Pearson VUE company will notify you by email when your application has been approved (generally takes 10 to 30 days).
Take and pass the state real estate exam
Pearson VUE oversees the state exam process and offers the course in a variety of formats and locations. The cost is $36.75 per exam.
Watch your email for a notification from Pearson VUE with the subject line “Authorization to Test” letting you know that you are eligible to take the test. This email includes your nine-digit Candidate ID number, which you need in order to sign up for the exam with Pearson VUE. To schedule an exam, call 888.204.6289 or visit PearsonVUE.com.
You must pass the exam with at least 75 out of 100 points.
After passing the exam, download and print your license through your secure account at the DBPR website. Once your initial license is activated, it is valid for 18 to 24 months, depending on when you pass the state exam.
Affiliate with a broker
Your real estate license is not technically active until you are affiliated with a licensed broker. A sponsoring broker will activate your license using the DBPR RE 11–Sales Associate form (PDF).
Join a local Realtor association/board
You will probably choose to join the local board associated with your broker. Local board dues and offerings vary, so you may want to explore your options.
Once you join your local board, you will officially be a Realtor and a member of the Florida Realtors state association and the National Association of Realtors.
All of our courses are available online 24/7, which means our award-winning education is always within reach.
National and State-Approved Curriculum
Our industry-leading courses combine the classroom environment and online learning with national and state-by-state regulatory requirements.
Your success is our #1 priority
OnCourse Learning empowers aspiring mortgage loan originators and seasoned mortgage loan officers to take their learning experience to the next level. Get and maintain your NMLS license with:
- NMLS-approved mortgage pre-licensing, continuing education and late CE courses
- Exam prep tools to help you pass your NMLS license exam
- Over 50 years of mortgage education experience
- We’ve helped over 300,000 mortgage brokers begin and advance their careers.
Learn More About MTG Education
What They Say
“I love it. Its easy to use and understand and I love the reminders.”
“Got me through the last minute continue education for my license.”
“It was a Breeze and I would use this course again for next year.”